Are you looking for fun activities to celebrate all the fun holidays in February including Groundhog’s Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, AND President’s Day!?? With 76 NO PREP printable worksheet pages as well as 66 digital slides, you will be able to celebrate all the holidays in February with no stress! Engage with fun pages including word searches, writing prompts, math riddles, word scrambles, color by codes, and more!
PLUS cover 2 and 3-digit addition and subtraction, main idea, fractions, guide words, synonyms and antonyms, elapsed time, homophones, place value, contractions, arrays, fragments, word problems, and many more second-grade standards all in a fun and engaging themes for each holiday in February!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐SAVE YOUR SANITY WITH NO PREP AND DIGITAL ACTIVITIES!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Just either print the no prep portion or assign slides on Google or Seesaw and you will have fun reading and math activities that can be used for:
With NO PREP Print Activities and Digital Slides, there will be no more:
❌Spending F-O-R-E-V-E-R making copies
❌Not having plans when the flu sneaks up on you
❌Boring lessons that don’t engage
❌Trying to find activities that cover multiple standards
Instead, there will be fun and engaging activities that can be ready just by hitting PRINT or ASSIGN leaving you time to drink your coffee while it’s still hot!
►PLEASE NOTE: Not every no prep page is also digital. 76 pages are no prep and 66 are digital as well! This bundle is geared towards second graders but can be used for superstar first graders or third graders who may need some additional help.
❤️FEBRUARY ELA ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:❤️
- Groundhog Guide Words: Read the words given and decide what letter corresponds with the correct set of guide words shown.
- Grumpy Groundhog: Read the letter groundhog Phil has written his cousin. Circle the incorrect homophones and then spell them the correct way.
- Shadow Synonyms: Read each word and then find the matching synonym in the sun.
- Shades of Meaning: Circle which word in a pair of words is the stronger of the two. Then write 6 stronger words for common words.
- Punxsutawney Phil Prefixes Create prefixes using re-, pre- and in-.
- Kick-off Verbs: Read each sentence and write the correct form of the verb.
- Football Fragments: Color the football helmet according to whether the sentence is complete or a fragment. Then make one of the fragments a complete sentence.
- New Moon Nouns: Read each sentence in a lantern and color according to if the underlined noun is a common noun or pronoun.
- Dragon Dictionary: Using a paper clip and pencil, spin three times. Whatever word you land on, fill out the information from the dictionary.
- Lantern Syllables: Read each word and color according to the number of syllables.
- Chinese Word Search
- Chinese Corrections: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals, and punctuation.
- Chinese Comprehension: Read the one-page non-fiction passage about the Chinese New Year and then answer six questions on the following page using complete sentences.
- Chinese Comparison Complete a Venn diagram with a classmate about the differences and similarities between Chinese New Year and New Year’s Eve.
- My Chinese Zodiac Learn about your Chinese zodiac animal and fill out a fun page comparing yourself and the animal.
- Fortune Fact and Opinion Read each statement about Chinese New Year and color the lanterns according to if it is a fact or opinion.
- Hearts –s, -es or -ies: Color the candy heart according to if you would add –s, -es, or change it to –ies to make the word plural.
- Valentine’s Day How Many Words?
- Valentine’s Word Search
- Hearts and Homophones: Read the words on the envelopes and write a homophone for each.
- Cupid’s Cupcake Compounds: Using the words on cupcakes, make new compound words.
- Who Do You Love?: Writing page about who you love and why.
- Candy Heart Complete Sentences: Read sentences and color the candy heart that shows what part of the sentences is missing. Then write a complete sentence and draw pictures of each part (subject, action, where or when).
- /AU/ or/AW/ Sound: Color the candy hearts according to if the word is spelled with /au/ or /aw/
- Broken Heart Contractions: Read the words on a broken heart and form a contraction.
- Awww… Apostrophes: Read each sentence and color the heart if the underlined noun is singular or plural. Then write two sentences, one showing singular possessives and one showing plural possessives
▶️ ▶️ ▶️
- Presidents ABC Order: Write the last names of 14 presidents in ABC order.
- President Word Search: Find the last names of 12 presidents in the word search.
- If I Were On A Bill: Writing page about how you would want to look on a bill.
- Lincoln’s Life Organizer: Graphic organizer to be used to research Lincoln’s life.
- Washington’s Way: Graphic organizer to be used to research Washington’s life.
- If I Were the President: Writing page about what you would do or change as the president.
- Abe’s Antonyms: Write an antonym for each of the words underlined in a sentence.
- Proofreading Presidents: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals, and punctuation.
- President Fact and Opinion: Read each statement about presidents and color the star if it is a fact or opinion. The letters in the stars will spell out a word.
- Nation Non-Fiction: Read the short passage about President’s Day and answer comprehension questions.
❤️FEBRUARY MATH ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:❤️
- Sums and Shadows: Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Shady Shadow Code:Solve the two-digit addition problems to solve the code.
- Shadow Shapes Read the descriptions about different quadrilaterals and write which one it is.
- Groundhog Graph: Create a graph about whether or not you think the groundhog will see his shadow and then answer the questions.
- Football Fact Families: Make fact families using the numbers given on the footballs.
- Touchdown Tens: Add or subtract ten to a 3 digit number.
- Field Goal Skip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- Touchdown Time: Write the digital time under each analog clock.
- Touchdown and Roll Roll a die once and add it to the 2 or 3-digit number given.
- Dragon Tail Scales Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed. Then color according to odd or even answers.
- Red Envelope Code Solve the 2-digit addition problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- Fireworks and Fractions Write the fraction for the shaded part in a rectangle.
- Good Fortune Facts Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Chinese Zodiac Spinners: Using a paper clip and pencil, create 15 3-digit addition problems to solve. Some regrouping.
- Multiple Chinese New Year Numbers: Using numbers in a lantern, answer questions about place value.
- Snake Sssssskip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- Envelope Equals: Write the dollar amount in that several children received during the Chinese New Year.
- Lucky Numbers: Fill in the missing addend.
- Affectionate Arrays: Write the number of rows, columns and repeated addition for Valentine’s Day candy.
- Postman Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- V Day Party Word Problems: Solve word problems about a Valentine’s Day party.
- Candy Calculations: Solve word problems about Valentine’s Day candy.
- Greetings Geometry: Read the letter Mary Math has written her boyfriend Garret Geometry and fill in the blanks with what shape she is talking about Valentine’s Day Graph: Read a graph about the Valentine’s Day cards five students received and answer the questions!
- Lovebugs Less Than/More Than: Using <,> or =, compare the numbers in two pieces of candy then color according to the code.
- Sweetheart Subtraction: Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Even or Odd Hearts: Solve the 2 digit addition problems and then color according to the code. Some regrouping is needed
- President’s Coins: Write which coins could be used to make the amount given.
- Patriotic Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- President Word Problems: Solve word problems about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
- Rock Group Code: Solve the 2 digit subtraction problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- America Addends: Fill in the missing addend.
- Election Even or Odd: Solve the 3 digit addition problems and then color according to the code. Some regrouping is needed
- Stars and Stripes Sums: Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Oval Office O’clock: Write the digital time after reading short word problems involving time.
- Forefather Fractions Write the fraction for the shaded part in a circle.
- Abe’s Addition: Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed
◼️2nd Grade NO PREP Printable ELA and Math Worksheets/Activities for the Year No prep math and ELA ready-to-print activities for the year!
◼️Digital and Printable Year Long Second Grade Bundle No prep and digital activities for the year!
◼️Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade! Includes over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year as well as over 350 DIGITAL options!! You’ll also be set with over 47 hands-on literacy and math centers AND 11 writing crafts!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Do you want even more tips, ideas, discounts, and FREEBIES!?⭐ ⭐ ⭐
☕Follow my store by clicking HERE to be updated when new resources are uploaded which are 50% off for 48 hours!
☕Sign up for my newsletter HERE to get tips, ideas, and freebies!
☕ Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative!