Are you in need of ELA/reading activities for February!!? This February ELA digital and printable pack covers Groundhog’s Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, AND President’s Day! These activities cover a wide variety of language arts standards for second grade such as parts of speech, reading comprehension, personal narratives, descriptive writing, contractions, and much more! With this bundle, you will get BOTH digital and printable ELA activities for February!
⚞Do you want to save even more!?!?⚟
To save even more my February No Prep and Digital ELA and Math Bundle for Second Grade contain both printable and digital ELA and Math February Packs!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐SAVE YOUR SANITY WITH NO PREP AND DIGITAL ACTIVITIES!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Just either print the no prep portion or assign slides on Google or Seesaw and you will have fun ELA activities that can be used for:
With NO PREP Print Activities and Digital Slides, there will be no more:
❌Spending F-O-R-E-V-E-R making copies
❌Not having plans when the flu sneaks up on you
❌Boring lessons that don’t engage
❌Trying to find activities that cover multiple standards
Instead, there will be fun and engaging activities that can be ready just by hitting PRINT or ASSIGN leaving you time to drink your coffee while it’s still hot!
►PLEASE NOTE: Not every no prep page is also digital. 76 pages are no prep and 66 are digital as well!
This bundle is geared towards second graders but can be used for superstar first graders or third graders who may need some additional help.
❤️FEBRUARY ELA ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:❤️
- Groundhog Guide Words: Read the words given and decide what letter corresponds with the correct set of guide words shown.
- Grumpy Groundhog: Read the letter groundhog Phil has written his cousin. Circle the incorrect homophones and then spell them the correct way.
- Shadow Synonyms: Read each word and then find the matching synonym in the sun.
- Shades of Meaning: Circle which word in a pair of words is the stronger of the two. Then write 6 stronger words for common words.
- Punxsutawney Phil Prefixes Create prefixes using re-, pre- and in-.
- Kick-off Verbs: Read each sentence and write the correct form of the verb.
- Football Fragments: Color the football helmet according to whether the sentence is complete or a fragment. Then make one of the fragments a complete sentence.
✅Chinese/Lunar New Year Language Arts
- New Moon Nouns: Read each sentence in a lantern and color according to if the underlined noun is a common noun or pronoun.
- Dragon Dictionary: Using a paper clip and pencil, spin three times. Whatever word you land on, fill out the information from the dictionary.
- Lantern Syllables: Read each word and color according to the number of syllables.
- Chinese Word Search
- Chinese Corrections: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals, and punctuation.
- Chinese Comprehension: Read the one-page non-fiction passage about the Chinese New Year and then answer six questions on the following page using complete sentences.
- Chinese Comparison Complete a Venn diagram with a classmate about the differences and similarities between Chinese New Year and New Year’s Eve.
- My Chinese Zodiac Learn about your Chinese zodiac animal and fill out a fun page comparing yourself and the animal.
- Fortune Fact and Opinion Read each statement about Chinese New Year and color the lanterns according to if it is a fact or opinion.
✅Valentine’s Day Language Arts
- Hearts –s, -es or -ies: Color the candy heart according to if you would add –s, -es, or change it to –ies to make the word plural.
- Valentine’s Day How Many Words?
- Valentine’s Word Search
- Hearts and Homophones: Read the words on the envelopes and write a homophone for each.
- Cupid’s Cupcake Compounds: Using the words on cupcakes, make new compound words.
- Who Do You Love?: Writing page about who you love and why.
- Candy Heart Complete Sentences: Read sentences and color the candy heart that shows what part of the sentences is missing. Then write a complete sentence and draw pictures of each part (subject, action, where or when).
- /AU/ or/AW/ Sound: Color the candy hearts according to if the word is spelled with /au/ or /aw/
- Broken Heart Contractions: Read the words on a broken heart and form a contraction.
- Awww… Apostrophes: Read each sentence and color the heart if the underlined noun is singular or plural. Then write two sentences, one showing singular possessives and one showing plural possessives
✅President’s Day Language Arts
- Presidents ABC Order: Write the last names of 14 presidents in ABC order.
- President Word Search: Find the last names of 12 presidents in the word search.
- If I Were On A Bill: Writing page about how you would want to look on a bill.
- Lincoln’s Life Organizer: Graphic organizer to be used to research Lincoln’s life.
- Washington’s Way: Graphic organizer to be used to research Washington’s life.
- If I Were the President: Writing page about what you would do or change as the president.
- Abe’s Antonyms: Write an antonym for each of the words underlined in a sentence.
- Proofreading Presidents: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals, and punctuation.
- President Fact and Opinion: Read each statement about presidents and color the star if it is a fact or opinion. The letters in the stars will spell out a word.
- Nation Non-Fiction: Read the short passage about President’s Day and answer comprehension questions.
◼️2nd Grade NO PREP Printable ELA and Math Worksheets/Activities for the Year No prep math and ELA ready-to-print activities for the year!
◼️Digital and Printable Year Long Second Grade Bundle No prep and digital activities for the year!
◼️Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade! Includes over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year as well as over 350 DIGITAL options!! You’ll also be set with over 47 hands-on literacy and math centers AND 11 writing crafts!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Do you want even more tips, ideas, discounts, and FREEBIES!?⭐ ⭐ ⭐
☕Follow my store by clicking HERE to be updated when new resources are uploaded which are 50% off for 48 hours!
☕Sign up for my newsletter HERE to get tips, ideas, and freebies!
☕ Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative!