Want to cover several holidays in February with ease? I have you covered! This February Literacy and Math unit is perfect for the month! These digital activities cover a wide variety of math and language arts standards for second grade including word problems, reading comprehension, fact and opinion, 2 digit addition, using complete sentences, and much more!
This unit comes in a fun and engaging February theme that covers Groundhog’s Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, AND President’s Day! This bundle includes both my February Math and Literacy Packs and saves you money!
This is the DIGITAL version of my February ELA and Math Unit. To get both the printable and digital versions check out the bundle Digital and Printable February Literacy and Math Bundle for Second Grade.
✷This pack is geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit. This February unit is meant to be a time saver. All the digital slides have text boxes already inserted as well as other elements such as shape tools, moveable elements, keyboard tips for students, extra text boxes in case of accidental deletion, and more! ✷
Included in this unit is:
- L.2.2e Groundhog Guide Words: Read the words given and decide what letter corresponds with the correct set of guide words shown.
- L.2.4 Grumpy Groundhog: Read the letter groundhog Phil has written his cousin. Circle the incorrect homophones and then spell them the correct way.
- L.2.5b Shadow Synonyms: Read each word and then find the matching synonym in the sun.
- L.2.4 Shades of Meaning: Circle which word in a pair of words is the stronger of the two. Then write 6 stronger words for common words.
- L.2.4b Punxsutawney Phil Prefixes Create prefixes using re-, pre- and in-.
- L.2.1b Kick-off Verbs: Read each sentence and write the correct form of the verb.
- L.2.1/2.3 Football Fragments: Color the football helmet according to whether the sentence is complete or a fragment. Then make one of the fragments a complete sentence.
- L.1.1d New Moon Nouns: Read each sentence in a lantern and color according to if the underlined noun is a common noun or pronoun.
- L.2.2e Dragon Dictionary: Using a paper clip and pencil, spin three times. Whatever word you land on, fill out the information from the dictionary.
- RF2.3 Lantern Syllables: Read each word and color according to the number of syllables.
- Chinese Word Search
- L.2.1, L.2.2 Chinese Corrections: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals and punctuation.
- RL.2.1 Chinese Comprehension: Read the one page non-fiction passage about Chinese New Year and then answer six questions on the following page using complete sentences.
- Chinese Comparison Complete a Venn diagram with a classmate about the differences and similarities between Chinese New Year and New Year’s Eve.
- My Chinese Zodiac Learn about your Chinese zodiac animal and fill out a fun page comparing yourself and the animal.
- Fortune Fact and Opinion Read each statement about Chinese New Year and color the lanterns according to if it is a fact or opinion.
- Hearts –s, -es or -ies Color the candy heart according to if you would add –s, -es, or change it to –ies to make the word plural.
- Valentine’s Day How Many Words?
- Valentine’s Word Search
- L.2.4 Hearts and Homophones: Read the words one envelopes and write a homophone for each.
- L.2.4d Cupid’s Cupcake Compounds: Using the words on cupcakes, make new compound words.
- Who Do You Love? Writing page about who you love and why.
- L.2.1/2.3 Candy Heart Complete Sentences: Read sentences and color the candy heart that shows what part of the sentences is missing. Then write a complete sentence and draw pictures of each part (subject, action, where or when).
- /AU/ or/AW/ Sound Color the candy hearts according to if the word is spelled with /au/ or /aw/
- L.2.2c Broken Heart Contractions Read the words on a broken heart and form a contraction.
- L.2.2c Awww… Apostrophes: Read each sentence and color the heart if the underlined noun is singular or plural. Then write two sentences, one showing singular possessives and one showing plural possessives.
- Presidents ABC Order Write the last names of 14 presidents in ABC order.
- President Word Search Find the last names of 12 presidents in the word search.
- If I Were On A Bill Writing page about how you would want to look on a bill.
- Lincoln’s Life Organizer Graphic organizer to be used to research Lincoln’s life.
- Washington’s Way Graphic organizer to be used to research Washington’s life.
- If I Were the President Writing page about what you would do or change as the president.
- L.2.5b Abe’s Antonyms: Write an antonym for each of the words underlined in a sentence.
- L.2.1, L.2.2 Proofreading Presidents: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals and punctuation.
- President Fact and Opinion Read each statement about presidents and color the star if it is a fact or opinion. The letters in the stars will spell out a word.
- RL.2.1 Nation Non Fiction: Read the short passage about President’s Day and answer comprehension questions.
- 2.NBT.6 Sums and Shadows Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.NBT.6 Shady Shadow Code Solve the two-digit addition problems to solve the code.
- 2.GA.1 Shadow Shapes Read the descriptions about different quadrilaterals and write which one it is.
- 2.MD.10 Groundhog Graph: Create a graph about whether or not you think the groundhog will see his shadow and then answer the questions.
- 1.OA.6.FootballFact Families: Make fact families using the numbers given on the footballs.
- 2.NBT. B.8 Touchdown Tens: Add or subtract ten to a 3 digit number.
- 2.NBT.2 Field Goal Skip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- 2.MD.7 / 1.MD.3 Touchdown Time: Write the digital time under each analog clock.
- 2.NBT.6 Touchdown and Roll Roll a dice once and add it to the 2 or 3 digit number given.
- 2.NBT.6 Dragon Tail Scales Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed. Then color according to odd or even answers.
- 2.NBT.6 Red Envelope Code Solve the 2 digit addition problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- 2.GA.3 Fireworks and Fractions Write the fraction for the shaded part in a rectangle.
- 2.NBT.6 Good Fortune Facts Solve the three digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.NBT.4 Chinese Zodiac Spinners: Using a paper clip and pencil, create 15 3 digit addition problems to solve. Some regrouping.
- 2.NBT. Multiple Chinese New Year Numbers: Using numbers in a lantern, answer questions about place value.
- 2.NBT.2 Snake Sssssskip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- 2.MD.8 Envelope Equals: Write the dollar amount in that several children received during the Chinese New Year.
- 1.OA.4 Lucky Numbers: Fill in the missing addend.
- 2.OA.4 Affectionate Arrays: Write the number of rows, columns and repeated addition for Valentine’s Day candy.
- 2.NBT.3 Postman Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- 2.NBT.6 Valentine’s Day Code Solve the 2 digit subtraction problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- 2.OA.1 V-Day Party Word Problems Solve word problems about a Valentine’s Day party.
- 2.OA.1 Candy Calculations Solve word problems about Valentine’s Day candy.
- 2.GA.1 Greetings Geometry Read the letter Mary Math has written her boyfriend Garret Geometry and fill in the blanks with what shape she is talking about.
- 2.MD.10 Valentine’s Day Graph: Read a graph about the Valentine’s five students received and answer the questions.
- 2.NBT.4 Lovebugs Less Than/More Than: Using <,> or =, compare the numbers in two pieces of candy then color according to the code.
- 2.NBT.6 Sweetheart Subtraction Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.OA.4 Even or Odd Hearts Solve the 2 digit addition problems and then color according to the code. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.MD.8 President’s Coins: Write which coins could be used to make the amount given.
- 2.NBT.3 Patriotic Place Value: Write either the numerical form, written form or expanded form.
- 2.OA.1 President Word Problems Solve word problems about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
- 2.NBT.6 Rock Group Code Solve the 2 digit subtraction problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- 1.OA.4 America Addends: Fill in the missing addend.
- 2.OA.4 Election Even or Odd Solve the 3 digit addition problems and then color according to the code. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.NBT.6 Stars and Stripes Sums Solve the three digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- 2.MD.7 / 1.MD.3 Oval Office O’clock: Write the digital time after reading short word problems involving time.
- 2.GA.3 Forefather Fractions Write the fraction for the shaded part in a circle.
- 2.NBT.6 Abe’s Addition: Solve the three digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Second Grade No Prep Printables Winter and Holidays Bundle!
- Winter and Holidays MEGA Bundle
- Year Long Second Grade No Prep Printables
⭐Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade! Includes over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year as well as over 350 DIGITAL options!! You’ll also be set with over 47 hands-on literacy and math centers AND 10 writing crafts!⭐
By clicking that green star or clicking , you will get updates on when there are sales and when I add new resources! New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours so it pays to follow!
⇨Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative for tips, ideas, and FREEBIES! ⇦
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition to your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller but as a buyer, YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to share photos of this resource in action!