Are you looking for fun Lunar New Year math and reading activities to celebrate Chinese New Year? With 20 NO PREP printable worksheet pages as well as 14 digital slides, you will be able to celebrate this fun holiday with no stress! Engage with fun pages including a word search, Zodiac animal research, math riddles, and more!
PLUS cover main idea, fractions, fact and opinion, 3-digit addition and subtraction, sentence fragments, and many more second grade standards all in a fun and engaging Chinese/Lunar New Year theme!
⚞If you want to save even more, this holiday unit is part of several bundles including my February Math and Reading Early Finisher Activities Print Worksheets & Digital and Holidays Printable Math and Reading Worksheets & Digital Activities Bundle!⚟
►PLEASE NOTE: This bundle is geared towards second graders but can be used for superstar first graders or third graders who may need some additional help.
This bundle is meant to be a time saver! The no-prep portion is able to be simply printed! The digital slides have text boxes already inserted as well as other elements such as shape tools, moveable elements, keyboard tips for students, extra text boxes in case of accidental deletion, and more!
- New Moon Nouns: Read each sentence in a lantern and color according to if the underlined noun is a common noun or pronoun.
- Dragon Dictionary: Using a paper clip and pencil, spin three times. Whatever word you land on, fill out the information from the dictionary.
- Lantern Syllables: Read each word and color according to the number of syllables.
- Chinese Word Search
- Chinese Corrections: Read each sentence and write it correctly on the lines. Focus on spelling, grammar, capitals, and punctuation.
- Chinese Comprehension: Read the one-page non-fiction passage about the Chinese New Year and then answer six questions on the following page using complete sentences.
- Chinese Comparison Complete a Venn diagram with a classmate about the differences and similarities between Chinese New Year and New Year’s Eve.
- My Chinese Zodiac Learn about your Chinese zodiac animal and fill out a fun page comparing yourself and the animal.
- Fortune Fact and Opinion Read each statement about Chinese New Year and color the lanterns according to if it is a fact or opinion.
- Dragon Tail Scales Solve the three-digit addition problems. Some regrouping is needed. Then color according to odd or even answers.
- Red Envelope Code Solve the 2 digit addition problems to solve the code. Some regrouping is needed.
- Fireworks and Fractions Write the fraction for the shaded part in a rectangle.
- Good Fortune Facts Solve the three-digit subtraction problems. Some regrouping is needed
- Chinese Zodiac Spinners: Using a paper clip and pencil, create 15 3 digit addition problems to solve. Some regrouping.
- Multiple Chinese New Year Numbers: Using numbers in a lantern, answer questions about place value.
- Snake Sssssskip Count: Fill in the missing numbers.
- Envelope Equals: Write the dollar amount in that several children received during the Chinese New Year.
- Lucky Numbers: Fill in the missing addend.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐SAVE YOUR SANITY WITH NO PREP AND DIGITAL ACTIVITIES!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Just either print the no prep portion or assign slides on Google or Seesaw and you will have fun activities that can be used for:
With NO PREP Print Activities and Digital Slides, there will be no more:
❌Spending F-O-R-E-V-E-R making copies
❌Not having plans when the flu sneaks up on you
❌Boring lessons that don’t engage
❌Trying to find activities that cover multiple standards
Instead, there will be fun and engaging activities that can be ready just by hitting PRINT or ASSIGN leaving you time to drink your coffee while it’s still hot!
◼️2nd Grade NO PREP Printable ELA and Math Worksheets/Activities for the Year No prep math and ELA ready-to-print activities for the year!
◼️Digital and Printable Year Long Second Grade Bundle No prep and digital activities for the year!
◼️Second Grade Literacy and Math MEGA Bundle which includes everything you will need for second grade! Includes over 440 pages of NO PREP printables for the ENTIRE year as well as over 350 DIGITAL options!! You’ll also be set with over 47 hands-on literacy and math centers AND 11 writing crafts!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Do you want even more tips, ideas, discounts, and FREEBIES!?⭐ ⭐ ⭐
☕Follow my store by clicking to be updated when new resources are uploaded which are 50% off for 48 hours!
☕Sign up for my newsletter to get tips, ideas, and freebies!
☕ Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative!
©️Caffeinated and Creative