The Titanic is the most famous ship ever and students of all ages love to learn about it! With this Titanic Bundle, you will have tons of math and language arts activities that will engage and teach your students all about the famed unsinkable ship.
Cover many third, fourth, and fifth-grade standards such as 4-digit addition and subtraction, opinion writing, multiple-digit multiplication, context clues, word problems, main idea, estimation, and much more all while learning about the Titanic!
Using reading passages, writing prompts, boarding passes, Titanic-themed math printables, ideas for the classroom and so much more, students will learn all about the ill-fated ship in an engaging and interactive way! Teachers love this unit as it’s a one-stop shop for everything Titanic!
►Please note: Not every page is also digital. The ★ means this is available digitally as well! This bundle was geared towards upper elementary students, but can be tailored to suit any grade!
Included in this unit is:
- Ideas for the classroom
- Recommended resources
- Recommended books
✅KWL Chart Options
- KWL Chart ★
- KWL Flipbook
✅Titanic Passages and Comprehension (Available individually here)
- 12 reading passages ★
- 8 reading comprehension pages★
- The Poop Deck…and Other Words to Know: dictionary skills for words to know. ★
- Sea Terms: More dictionary use for learning new Titanic-related words.
- Carpathia Context Clues: read the passage and use context clues to find the meaning of the word.★
- Who Was At Fault opinion writing. ★
- History or Stealing opinion writing★
- Compare the Classes Venn Diagram ★
✅Titanic Math (Available individually here)
- Eating on Board: use the diagram to answer questions about the food aboard. Requires rounding, repeated addition, or multiplication. ★
- Morse Code: solve each 4-digit addition or subtraction problem by regrouping to solve the riddle. ★
- Cafe Parisien: solve word problems by using repeated addition or multiplication to see how much passengers spent.★
- Crew Wages: use whatever skills they are knowledgable with to convert British pounds to USD. ★
- Titanic Word Problems: solve word problems that involve a variety of concepts.★
- Estimation Excursion: Students will estimate and find the actual answer using the estimation word problems and map. ★
- Cargo Computations: Convert pounds into tons and vice versa. ★
- CQD Code: Solve the 2-digit multiplication problems to solve the riddle. ★
- ANSWER KEY REFERENCE GUIDE
- Titanic Tribune: write an article about the ship or sinking. ★
- Create an ad for the ship ★
- My Ship of Dreams: create your ultimate dream ship ★
- Dream ship Brochure
- Menus (now in color or steps to stain to make vintage)! ★
✅Passenger Pack (Available individually here)
- 32 Boarding passes ★
- 32 Luggage Tags
✅Task Cards (Available individually here)
- 72 research task cards
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Do you want even more tips, ideas, discounts, and FREEBIES!?⭐ ⭐ ⭐
☕Follow my store by clicking HERE to be updated when new resources are uploaded which are 50% off for 48 hours!
☕Sign up for my newsletter HERE to get tips, ideas, and freebies!
☕ Check out my site Caffeinated and Creative!